Let’s do this cupcakes. If you are looking for the perfect creative outlet where you have come to the right place. cupcakeMAG is looking for new faces and fun creatives for our team! If you have a HUGE passion to grow your blog readership across additional platforms, cupcakeMAG will be the place for you. We are looking for passionate creatives who are fashion-centric, love to blog and take beautiful photos. – cupcakeMAG continues to grown beyond our imagination (plus we have a new issue on the books + coming soon!) and we are eager to have some more contributing writers to create posts similar to the ones you have read on cupcakeMAG. Being a professional writer is by no means necessary. Loving fashion and staying up to date on hip things, however, very necessary. Along with the many categories we have — fashion, home, foodie, DIY, and so much more. We are looking to create “pinnable” posts – it’s our jam.
Yes — anyone can apply. BUT – we would like it if you had a well established blog and social media following as well as expertise in the blogging world. If you are familiar with WordPress, you’ll be getting brownie points! We want you to be passionate about the category you apply for and get creative! You must LOVE following the latest trends, passion-drive, have excellent written skills and are web savvy. It’s a plus if you are web savvy, self-starter, creative thinker, loves Pinterest, understands social media and digital media trends and can meet deadlines.
Need some inspiration on what we are looking for? You got it! Here’s some fun topics to get your wheels turning!
- How To Style a Bar Cart
- Top 10 Crockpot Recipes
- Detox Your Closet and How
- 10 Must-Try Smoothies
- Must-Have Spring Home Finds under $50
- 5 Ways to Stay Stylish
- Winter Skin Made Easy
- Dealing with the Pandemic; How You Are Staying Sane
Good past example posts HERE so you can see just what we need.
What are we looking for? We need 10 contributors in various categories!
• home / interior design / décor
•healthy living / travel / fitness / beauty
•fashion / style / mom style / shopping
•DIY / Crafting
•all things littles
•business tips / blogging tips / all things biz
So what does a contributing writing position entail at cupcakeMAG?
- How many contributors do we need?
We are looking for 10 contributors for our website, cupcakeMAG.com. These contributors will have opportunities within the issues of cupcakeMAG as well. So exciting! You will have a contributor page as well. A link on cupcakeMAG to ALL of the posts you contribute!
- How often do I need to contribute?
We are really looking for writers who can contribute weekly, on a set day. However, we are open and willingly to work with you to make the schedule work for everyone. Weekly + bi-weekly would be best. You will need to know how to use and check Google Calendar
where our editorial calendar is run.
- Is this a paid position?
Not at this time but that could change at any given moment. It’s a great opportunity to gain more exposure and collab with cupcakeMAG. (even celebs read cupcakeMAG!) Your headshot and bio will be shared on our Meet the Team page and your graphic will be placed on our sidebar. Bonus! We will promote all posts across all our social media channels including @cupcakeMAG. Our website and magazine reaches millions and we have over 200K on our social media accounts. We at any time may have sponsored post options as well.
- You will be added to our Meet the Team page as a Contributing Writer with a short bio. Posts will show “written by _____” to help you deliver a connection with our audience along with an author box with your bio and all of your links at the end of each post. You will have a dedicated contributor page with a direct link to all of your posts.
- We ask that after you write you post you share on social media — IG, Twitter, FB, Pin etc. as we will be doing the same a few times during the week along with sending to our newsletter subscribers as well. IG isn’t necessary but very much encouraged. We will however be sharing on our stories and IG when we feel it’s a fit.
- There are times where our review schedule is full so we may send product to our contributors for those who want to take part in reviewing products or receiving ℅ packages.
If you aren’t selected or you don’t hear from us, it means you weren’t selected. We may not be able to respond to all emails. But, that doesn’t mean we don’t love you. We will announce contributors in an upcoming post within two weeks but will email the selected contributors prior to that date.
If you are one of those people who just can’t commit, we get it! Maybe you want to submit some amazing content instead. If so, head over to submissions and send away — just email us.