Happy Halloween, friends! It’s hard to believe this is the last day of October and before we know it – Christmas carols will be playing! With Thanksgiving ahead – this isn’t just for Halloween! It makes a great treat for turkey day on the dessert table and both your guests and your kids will love this special treat. Chocolate and Peanut Butter? Need we say more…..
3 apples (I used Granny Smith but Golden Delicious or Fuji are other options)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup Wilton peanut butter candy melts
Smuckers chocolate fudge topping
3/4 cup miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups – halved
1/3 cup Reese’s candy pieces
1. Slice and remove the core from the apples (leave the skin on). Place in a mixing bowl and toss with the lemon juice.
2. Transfer the apple slices to your serving platter.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the peanut butter candy melts for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until melted and smooth.
3. Drizzle the melted peanut butter candy all over the apple slices.
4. Generously drizzle the chocolate fudge topping on top of the apples.
5. Sprinkle the Reese’s pieces candies on top of the melted peanut butter and chocolate sauce.
6. Add the miniature peanut butter cups on top of the apple nachos.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!