Now that the weather is getting warmer and summer is right around the corner, I’m always on the hunt for the perfect dessert for pot lucks and pool parties. There’s one that I keep coming back to time and time again, though- you know the trusty recipe that never fails you? This is it for me! Behold, Key Lime Cobbler (or “dump cake”, if that name better describes how simple this recipe is).
Like most dump cakes, there are only 3 ingredients called for in this recipe. Just be sure and keep that a secret from your taste-testers because if you don’t tell, they’d never guess. This cake is basically buttery deliciousness, served best with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Or, if you’re feeling extra wild and crazy, both.
If you love key lime pie, you’ve gotta make this recipe ASAP. It’s perfectly refreshing for spring and summer while satisfying any sweet tooth craving you might have. Any time I take it to a party, I leave with an empty baking dish. Which is always a win in my book so I won’t be eating the leftovers from the pan at midnight, standing in the kitchen in my pajamas hoping not to wake my boys. Not because I’d be embarrassed by any means, but because I don’t like to share. Not when it comes to a dessert this yummy, anyway.
1 box Betty Crocker Vanilla Cake Mix
2 cans Key Lime Pie Filling
1 stick Butter, melted (8 tbsp.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray inside of glass or ceramic 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Empty cans of Key Lime Pie Filling into bottom of baking dish and spread out in an even layer.
4. In medium mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix and melted butter, stirring until crumbly.
5. Pour cake/butter mixture over pie filling in baking dish and spread out evenly.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until sides are hot and bubbly.
Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite recipes for spring and summer?!